What is Blueprint 2020?
The goal is to modify the association's organizational structure, adopt a unified mission, and construct a new model for CFDA by the year 2020. Blueprint 2020 is a 3-year strategic plan to achieve this goal.
Using concepts of architecture, members will thoughtfully examine and discuss each element:
Strategic plans are not static – they should change and evolve as the needs change and evolve. Blueprint 2020 will help CFDA leaders to study developments on an annual basis, assess needs and alter the plans to satisfy the over-arching goal.
FOOTPRINT | Think back over the last 3 years.
1. What trends or issues have threatened the professional practice of funeral service?
2. What trends or issues have threatened the business practices of funeral establishments?
3. How has CFDA responded to these trends and issues?
4. What is the one thing CFDA was worst at? What single thing most needs to happen to fix it?
5. What is the one thing CFDA did best? What do we need to do to turn that success into a repeatable process?
DESIGN | Look into the next 10 years.
6. What trends or issues threaten the professional practice of funeral service?
7. What trends or issues threaten the business practices of funeral establishments?
8. What professional opportunities are available for practitioners?
9. What business opportunities are available in funeral service?
10. Where is CFDA positioned in addressing these trends and opportunities?
PLAN | Look at where we are today.
11. What needs is CFDA addressing now?
12. Are we having the impact we want to have? How do we measure?
13. Are there other specific needs that should be addressed?
14. Who else is out there addressing these needs?
15. What can CFDA offer that is different or better?
BUILD | Create a blueprint for the next 3 years.
Where is CFDA going and why?
What it will take to get where we are going? (human, technological and financial)